Monday, September 26, 2011

Food truck! ohh yeahh.

This branding project for the food truck has been a blast! I loved doing it (even though it required staying up til 4 in the morning) and I could totally see myself working in branding as a career.  I think I came up with some pretty good ideas so far, although they still need some refinement, like always.  I decided to go with a coffee shop sorta thing...maybe with some fruit drinks too.  I liked the idea of bringing in the country of Madagascar in the title/theme, because it automatically ties the lemur logo to the name.


The first direction I went in is the weakest.  I sorta liked the idea of the lemur hanging upside-down and holding a coffee cup or a drink, but that theme wasn't as successful as my other two directions.



The second direction is more of a burlap-y and jungle-y pastel-y feel to it, and I think it worked well with my cut and paste lemur.  If I went in this direction, I think I would need to change the name of the company, because "Gidro" ("lemur" in the malagasy language) doesn't necessarily tell what the logo is/means.  But I like how this one looks, and I think it could work well for a cafe.



My last direction was more colorful and bright.  If I had to choose, I think this one would be my favorite.  I love the font as well, and I think it works well with my logo that I chose for this one.  And I like I said before, putting "Madagascar" in the title is more effective than my other titles.  I like using "kafe"(malagasy word for coffee) instead of "cafe" because it's more authentic and a little bit different, yet people would still know that it's a coffee place when reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment